Black Friday Sales are an important part of eCommerce culture for both consumers and sellers, and why shouldn’t they be?
Every customer knows that a Black Friday sale is the ideal time to purchase the slightly over-budget product they’ve been eyeing for a while. Meanwhile, companies increase their profit margins by increasing sales numbers.
While this does apply to in-store business as well, statistics have shown that 2020’s Black Friday Sale was more popular for online stores.
The numbers speak for themselves: The 2020 Black Friday Sale saw online spending increase to about $9 billion, an increase of 22% YoY.
Surprisingly, this was second to Cyber Monday sales which touched $10.8 billion!
Considering the fact that the overall 2020 Black Friday Revenue was $188.2 billion, it is evident that Black Friday Sale is a landmark for business of all kinds. So, how do you prepare for it? Read on to find out!
Preparing For The Black Friday Sale
The numbers are staggering and you’d obviously want in on the cut, which will require some work.
The first step to preparing your website for the Black Friday Sale, is to establish a great set of visual elements. You can use all kinds of Black Friday templates to do so.
Here are some key aspects involved in using graphic designs to attract customers to your website, for your Black Friday Sale.
Revamp Your Landing Page
Make a special section on your website that customers can land on, when they click its link from your social media accounts or other promotions.
A well-designed landing page is a key element to convert curious leads into paying customers.
You can get as creative as possible with the landing page, and make it reflect your brand’s individuality while also providing details about your offers and products. Don’t forget to make it Black Friday themed!
Here are some tips to make a landing page that helps with boosting sales:
- Use a simple but attractive design that appeals to your target audience
- Make sure that your color palette is memorable, but not overwhelming – stick to muted colors
- Let your CTA button pop
- Emphasize on the benefits of your deals
- Optimize it for mobiles and other devices
- Keep it interactive and fun, and unique to your brand identity
Flyers are a lovely way to make your website gain traction and increase awareness about your sale.
Make a flyer outlining the details of your sale, and your brand. You can add this to all the orders you ship out a few weeks prior to the sale.
It’s a great way to ensure that customers return to your website, and also increases the chances of word-of-mouth marketing.
Flyers are an effective strategy to reinforce your brand and improve customer retention.
You can design a flyer with very little effort using tools and templates available online. Sites like PosterMyWall have loads of attractive templates ready to be used!
Make sure that your flyer has all relevant details required, for customers to go through at a glance. For an effective flyer, consider the following tips:
- Specify a discount percentage – “up to 50% off”
- Mention offers and bundle deals that are most lucrative, to promote them further
- Include your brand/company’s name, address, contact information, and social media handles
- Add a QR code that redirects to your website if possible
- Offer a special discount code on the flyer for free delivery or a freebie, if your margins permit it
Change Your Website Skin and Make Pop-Ups
Changing your website skin is a great way to show your commitment to the Black Friday sale. It’s also sure to grab your customer’s attention, which makes it an effective tactic to keep them engrossed.
Changing the skin means that you could include special services and discounts such as ‘hourly deals’ and display them across the header, footer, and side-bars.
Remember that these sales are frantic and customers tend to have less patience than usual. Which is where pop-ups come in.
These can include messages urging your customer to check out specific deals or products, making them more likely to follow suit.
The added convenience of pop-ups and customized Black Friday-specific skins is sure to boost sales.
Leverage Your Social Media Accounts
Now that your website and flyers are all set up to welcome customers to your Black Friday sale, you can drive awareness by making sure that your social media accounts are likewise updated.
You can create a thematic consistency in terms of colors, offers, and other content about the sale across your Facebook, Instagram, and other social media accounts. This is a great way to capitalize on an existing audience that is already aware of your brand and interested in what you have to offer.
A great way to maximize results is to create a series of posts leading up to your big sale. Here are some great examples of social media content that you can share:
- Teaser posts hinting at special deals designed solely for Black Friday
- Introducing limited edition Black Friday-themed products or colors if possible
- Call-to-action posts asking customers to check out your products so they can determine ahead of time if they’re interested in any of your items and keep an eye out for the sale if they are
- Flyer-type posters that include important details
- Countdown posts with new information regarding your sale
We’ve covered all the main aesthetic aspects you need to cover when preparing for the Black Friday Sale. So, you should be all set to get designing and make your website look amazing.
Don’t forget to also prepare the logistical and technical aspects of your website, while you’re at it!
To summarize what we’ve covered:
- Revamp your landing page and change your website skin to make it unique for Black Friday
- Use customized and appealing flyers and posters to market your website and promote your products
- Use fun colors to make your designs appealing, but don’t go over-the-top.